Purpose of The American Legion Riders
- To participate in parades and other ceremonies that are in keeping with the aims and purposes of The American Legion.
- To promote motorcycle safety programs and to provide a social atmosphere for The American Legion members who share the same interest.
- To use our association to promote and support programs of The American Legion through service to our community, state, and nation.
Attention Riders!! Ohio Legacy Run Postponed!
The Ohio Legacy Run scheduled for August 14-16, 2020 has been postponed.
The Ohio Legacy Run has been rescheduled for June 11th, 12th and 13th 2021 hosted by Canton Post 44.
If you have made Hotel Reservation, please ensure you call to cancel those reservations.
National Legacy Ride Fundraiser https://www.legion.org/riders/legacyrun/donation
With the coronavirus forcing social distancing and stay-at-home orders, all American Legion national events have been canceled throughout the summer. This includes what was going to be the 15th annual American Legion Legacy Run – the primary fundraiser for The American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund. Through the efforts of the American Legion Family, spearheaded by the Legion Riders.
- Tier 1 – $15 – Donors receive a thank-you card signed by the national commander and American Legion Riders chairman.
- Tier 2 – $25 – Donors receive a 15th Anniversary challenge coin.
- Tier 3 – $50 – Donors receive a 15th Anniversary Ride t-shirt.
- Tier 4 – $75 – Donors receive a Legacy Run 15 years in review booklet, the ride’s main patch and a “Quarantined 2020 Riding in Spirit” rocker.
- Tier 5 – $250 – Donors receive all the above items.
Additionally, The American Legion maintains a reward program that recognizes $500 and above donations made by individuals, posts or departments. These donations are either sent in to national, presented at the national convention or donated at stop points on the Legacy Run. The reward structure for those donations are:
- The first $500 donor receives a plaque with a Legacy Run coin affixed within. The plaque has five coin slots for consecutive years.
- Each year after every $500 or more donated, another coin is awarded (minimum donation amount received for all 5 years is $2,500).
- When the plaque is filled with five coins, another plaque is awarded and the reward program starts over.
To donate to the Legacy Fund through this program now through Sept. 30, use the link below. https://www.members.legion.org/cgi-bin/lansaweb?wam=MYLFUNDR&webrtn=wr_dropdown&ml=LANSA:XHTML&part=tal&lang=ENG+f(DON_FUND)=LGY+f(source)=F0056A
Legion Riders Chapters
There are currently 65 active chapters of Legion Riders in Ohio.
»List of Chapters
Legion Riders Event Calendar
Click the link below to view Statewide Rider Events
Legion Riders Apparel
You can order all your Riders apparel through National’s website.
Ohio Legion Riders Field Directors