The 54th Annual Sons of The American Legion Detachment Convention
Hosted by District 11 and Squadron 389
Friday-Sunday, May 19-21, 2017
700 Pike Street
Marietta, OH 45750
Due May 12, 2017. There will be no Convention registrations accepted after this date nor will any be taken at the Convention (except for guests/visitors). All registrations must be on the proper form and the registration fee is $5.00 per person.
Hotel Reservations– Deadline: May 5, 2017
Those desiring housing reservations MUST CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY at (740) 374-8190 and mention they are with the Sons of The American Legion, Detachment of Ohio Convention in order to receive the $85.00 per night room rate. A credit card will be required to complete the reservation.
Do not go through Department Headquarters to make your reservation. This is a change in practice from recent years.
The hotel will handle reservation requests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please make sure you receive a confirmation number for your reservation.
All housing reservations MUST BE MADE WITH THE HOTEL by May 5, 2017 since the room block must be released prior to the Convention.
Should you need to cancel your reservation, you will need to contact the hotel directly as well. Make sure to get a confirmation number for your cancellation.
Friday, May 19
- 7:00 – 8:00pm – Registration Open
- 8:00pm – Convention called to order. Introduction of Guests, general convention and activities information, our Guest speaker, and the assignment of Convention Award Judging Committees.
Saturday, May 20
- 8:00 – 9:00am – Registration Open
- 9:00am – Saturday sessions begin. Committee reports, award presentations, and voting on any proposed resolutions.
Sunday, May 21
- 8:00am – Memorial Service
- 9:00am – Sunday sessions begin. Election of officers and any other outstanding business.