4th Annual Roger M. Hight State Bowling Tournament
2023 Tournament Year
Hosted By: Kettering Post 598, 5700 Kentshire Dr., Kettering, OH 45440 / (937)-433-9327
When: 10-12 Feb 2023; 17-19 Feb 2023; 24-26 Feb 2023
Where: Poelking Lanes (South-Wilmington Avenue) 1403 Wilmington Avenue, Dayton, OH 45420 / (937) 299-5573
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 5655 Wilmington Pike, Dayton, OH 45459. American Legion Rate is $119.00 / (937) 424-5757
Dates and Start Times
- Doubles and Singles
- Saturday, February 11 at 12pm
- Saturday, February 18 at 12pm
- Saturday, February 25 at 12pm
- Sunday, February 12 at 9am
- Sunday, February 19 at 9am
- Sunday, February 26 at 9am
- If you would like to bowl your TEAM games on Friday at 5pm – mark it on your application form.
- Friday, February 10 at 5pm
- Friday, February 17 at 5pm
- Friday, February 24 at 5pm
- You may not be assigned your preferred time or requested date
- The deadline to return the registration form and registration fees is COB December 1, 2022
- The American Legion Department of Ohio, American Legion Post 598, nor Poelking Lanes is responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All inquiries relative to the Department Bowling tournament must be made through Department Headquarters by calling 740-362-7478 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- When making your hotel reservations, please ask for the American Legion Department of Ohio State Bowling Tournament Rate.
- Tournament participants must be a member in good standing of The American Legion, The Son’s of The American Legion, or The American Legion Auxiliary.
- All participants, including substitutes, must have in their possession a 2023 membership card and be recorded as being paid at Department or Auxiliary Headquarters by January 19, 2023 – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Each participant must show their 2023 membership card and a photo ID at the registration desk.
- Bowlers without their 2023 membership card and photo ID will not be permitted to bowl.
- Please write down the names of team members in the order that they will bowl
- A participant may only bowl once per category (team, doubles, and singles).
- Team captains may not represent more than one (1) team.
- All participants must register not less than fifteen (15) minutes before the time scheduled.
- Team captains are responsible for their team members’ conduct and are to ensure that their team members understand the tournament’s rules.
- Entrants will use their highest league average based on a minimum of 21 games for the 2021-2022 season.
- If the current 21-game average as of December 1, 2022, is ten or more pins above the 2020-2021 season’s average, the current average must be used.
- If the entrant played less than 21 games in the 2021-2022 season, the entrant would use the average of 21 games or more as of December 1, 2021.
- Suppose the entrant does not have an established average or has not participated in the American Legion Department of Ohio’s bowling tournament in the last two years. In that case, the following average will be assigned:
- Women: 150
- Male: 180
- If entrant bowls in more than one league, the highest average bowled must be used.
- Mixed leagues are to be considered for the determination of the highest average
- Participants are responsible for verifying their average that is submitted by the participant, the team captain, or others.
- The handicap is 90% of the difference in average and 220 pins.
- The computer program per game will determine the handicap.
- Handicap changes will only be accepted or made on Saturday of the tournament unless the participant did not bowl on Saturday.
- The team’s substitution affidavits must be filed 15 minutes before the time entrant is scheduled to bowl.
- The substitute affidavit will be furnished by the team making the substitution.
- Every bowler, including the substitute, must be present and registered 15 minutes before the scheduled time to bowl.
Time Allotted Per Shift – Singles & Doubles Category
- Participants shall be allowed three and a half (3 ½) hours to complete bowling of scheduled shift.
- The Bowling Commissioners reserves the right to extend the time allotted per shift because of mechanical breakdowns or specific reasons.
- The Bowling Commissions’ decision is final.
- 100% of the fees will be returned in cash prizes and awards to the top 15 per event.
- The prize ratio is dependent on the number of tournament entries.
- All tournament prizes will include handicap.
- After entries have been received and the date assigned and are not refused by the team or individual entrant before preparation of schedule, the entry fees will not be refunded.
Bowling Registration printable PDF Form: Download Here
Registration Deadline: December 1st, 2022