2018 State Bowling Registration Form
68th Annual Joseph A. Annick Memorial Bowling Tournament
1935 Cleveland Rd. W
Sandusky, Ohio 44870
YOU MAY NOT BE ASSIGNED YOUR PREFERRED TIME OR REQUESTED DATES
Neither Department Headquarters nor the Bowling Alley is responsible for lost or stolen items of any kind
READ TOURNAMENT RULES BEFORE COMPLETING FORM:
- A) Complete names in the order that they will bowl
- B) Entries received after January 18th, 2018will not be honored
- C) All inquiries relative to the tournament must be made through Department Headquarters
- D) Doubles and Singles Squad Shifts :( 6 bowlers per pair of lanes):
Saturday, February 10 @ 11 AM
Saturday, February 17 @ 10 AM and 2 PM
Saturday, February 24 @9 AM and 1 PM
Special requests for 5 PM squad for Doubles and Singles will be available on Fridays (also 6 bowlers per pair of lanes).
Team Squad Shifts:
Sunday, February 11 – 10 AM
Sunday, February 18 – 10 AM and 1 PM
Sunday, February 25 – 10 AM and 1 PM
- E) Substitution affidavits must be filed 15 minutes prior to time entrant is scheduled to bowl. SUBSTITUTE WILL BE FURNISHED BY TEAM MAKING SUBSTITUTION. EACH BOWLER, INCLUDING SUBSTITUTE, MUST BE PRESENT AND REGISTERED 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO SCHEDULED TIME TO BOWL.
- F) Entrants will use their highest league average based on a minimum of 21 games for 2017-2018 season. If current 21 game average as of December 1, 2017 is ten or more pins above 2017 season’s average, current average must be used. If not average last year, use average, 21 games or more, as of December 1, 2017. If you do not have an established average, or have not bowled in The American Legion Department of Ohio tournament in the last two years then women will be assigned an average of 160 and men an average of 200.
If entrant bowls in more than one league, use highest average bowled in league. MIXED LEAGUES are considered for highest average.
If entrant bowls under more than one name (including nicknames, aliases, etc.) highest average in accordance with these rules must be used in this tournament.
BOWLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING THEIR OWN AVERAGE WHETHER SUBMITTED BY THE BOWLER, THE TEAM CAPTAIN, OR OTHERS.
- G) Handicap is 90 – 210 Scratch. Handicap figured for each entrant, 3 game.
- H) All Events (Optional): Only entrants who has paid the $1.00 fee, prior to closing date of entries, is eligible for to qualify for All Event Cash Prizes.
- I) Person desiring to bowl in this tournament MUST be member of The American Legion, Sons of The American Legion, or The American Legion Auxiliary in the Department of Ohio and in GOOD STANDING. Participants must be 18 years of age on or before December 31, 2016.
Dues must be paid and received at Department Headquarters prior to January 18th, 2018
*If you are mailing in your registration form please include a check made payable to The American Legion Department of Ohio with “Bowling Tournament” written in the memo section. Send completed form with payment to:
The American Legion Dept. of Ohio
P.O. Box 8007
Delaware, OH 43015
Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park
1935 Cleveland Rd W, Sandusky, OH 44870
Phone: (419) 626-6761
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sandusky
1515 Cedar Point Dr, Sandusky, OH 44870
Phones: (419) 624-1515
Hotel rates will be $99 per night for the Quality Inn and $109 per night for the Holiday Inn Express. Both properties are adjacent to the bowling center. When reserving your hotel room, be sure to ask for the “Special Bowler’s Rate”