740-362-7478 | email@example.com
Service to Country
· Enlisted USNR 2 by 6 program July 1968
· 22 Yrs. 8 Months combined Active and Reserve time serving on the following.
· EM “A” School July 1969-Feburary 1970
· USS William R Rush DD714 February 1970-May 1971
· USS Stanley DLG-32 Training Duty 1972
· USS John F Kennedy CV-67 Training Duty 1973
· Discharged October 1974
· Re-enlisted USNR July 1986
· ARCO ARDM-5 July 1986-February 1998
· CRANE Naval Base February 1998-November 2001
· Naval Submarine Base Groton Conn. November 2001-June 2002 (Mobilized After 9/11)
· CRANE Naval Base June 2002-Feburary 2003 (Retired)
Service to Veterans
· Post 804 2nd Vice Commander/ 1st Vice Commander / Commander/ Adjutant
· 6th District 2nd Vice Commander/ 1st Vice Commander / Commander / Judge Advocate
· 6th District National Security Committee Chairman
· Department of Ohio National Security Committee Chairman
· Department of Ohio Assistant Sergeant at Arms
· National Appointment National Security Council
· National Appoint Nation Legislative Council
· Married to my Lovely Wife Cindy 48 years (May 9th 1969)
· 2 Daughters Kalani and Felicia
Jean Wilson | 1st Vice Commander
The First Vice Commander serves under the Commander of the Department of Ohio. Her responsibilities include being Membership Committee Chairman, ensuring that the Legion message is heard by all veterans, and providing the overall mission for the membership year.
Jean Wilson is a Post awarded life member of both Yeager-Benson Post 199 and AmVets Post 13 and a Unit awarded life member of Yeager-Benson Auxiliary Unit 199. Jean earned her eligibility in these organizations by serving in the United States Army 1969-1971. Jean has served her American Legion Post in all the offices; she served as Post Commander 1990-1992 and is currently serving her 18th year as Post Finance Officer. She is both a past Hamilton County American Legion Commander and Fabulous Fourth District American Legion Commander. She was the Big Brown Jug Commander 2000-20001. Jean serves the National American Legion on the Americanism Committee.
Jean met and married her husband, Jerry while both were serving in Ft Jackson SC and they have two children, Tammie and Woody and seven grandchildren.
She served on the Joseph House Board for ten years serving twice as President; she served on the Cincinnati Fisher House for ten years and currently serves on the Friends of the Fisher House at the Cincinnati VA.
Since 2011 Jean has served on the Hamilton County Veterans Service Commission and was appointed by Governor Kasich to the Ohio Women’s Task Force. For the past seven years she has served on the Harrison Mayor’s Fund and currently serving as the Board President. Recently Jean was recognized by the Xi Eta Lota, Chapter of the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority of Harrison as the First Lady of Harrison Community Service award for 2018. The City of Harrison recognized Jean’s support of not lonely Veterans and their families but her Community by bestowing the honor of being the Grand Marshall of the City of Harrison July 4, 2018 parade.
Jean was elected to serve 2018-2019 as the Department of Ohio 2nd Vice Commander on Sunday July 1, 2018.
Brad Teis | 2nd Vice Commander
The Second Vice Commander serves under the Commander of the Department of Ohio. He travels throughout the state being present at events enhancing the 4 pillars of the organization. His focus is constantly in speaking, to assure it is understood that The American Legion is present to serve our veterans now and into the future.