740-362-7478 | email@example.com
Service to Country
· Enlisted USNR 2 by 6 program July 1968
· 22 Yrs. 8 Months combined Active and Reserve time serving on the following.
· EM “A” School July 1969-Feburary 1970
· USS William R Rush DD714 February 1970-May 1971
· USS Stanley DLG-32 Training Duty 1972
· USS John F Kennedy CV-67 Training Duty 1973
· Discharged October 1974
· Re-enlisted USNR July 1986
· ARCO ARDM-5 July 1986-February 1998
· CRANE Naval Base February 1998-November 2001
· Naval Submarine Base Groton Conn. November 2001-June 2002 (Mobilized After 9/11)
· CRANE Naval Base June 2002-Feburary 2003 (Retired)
Service to Veterans
· Post 804 2nd Vice Commander/ 1st Vice Commander / Commander/ Adjutant
· 6th District 2nd Vice Commander/ 1st Vice Commander / Commander / Judge Advocate
· 6th District National Security Committee Chairman
· Department of Ohio National Security Committee Chairman
· Department of Ohio Assistant Sergeant at Arms
· National Appointment National Security Council
· National Appoint Nation Legislative Council
· Married to my Lovely Wife Cindy 48 years (May 9th 1969)
· 2 Daughters Kalani and Felicia
Jean Wilson | 1st Vice Commander
The First Vice Commander serves under the Commander of the Department of Ohio. Her responsibilities include being Membership Committee Chairman, ensuring that the Legion message is heard by all veterans, and providing the overall mission for the membership year.
Jean Wilson is a Post awarded life member of both Yeager-Benson Post 199 and AmVets Post 13 and a Unit awarded life member of Yeager-Benson Auxiliary Unit 199. Jean earned her eligibility in these organizations by serving in the United States Army 1969-1971. Jean has served her American Legion Post in all the offices; she served as Post Commander 1990-1992 and is currently serving her 18th year as Post Finance Officer. She is both a past Hamilton County American Legion Commander and Fabulous Fourth District American Legion Commander. She was the Big Brown Jug Commander 2000-20001. Jean serves the National American Legion on the Americanism Committee.
Jean met and married her husband, Jerry while both were serving in Ft Jackson SC and they have two children, Tammie and Woody and seven grandchildren.
She served on the Joseph House Board for ten years serving twice as President; she served on the Cincinnati Fisher House for ten years and currently serves on the Friends of the Fisher House at the Cincinnati VA.
Since 2011 Jean has served on the Hamilton County Veterans Service Commission and was appointed by Governor Kasich to the Ohio Women’s Task Force. For the past seven years she has served on the Harrison Mayor’s Fund and currently serving as the Board President. Recently Jean was recognized by the Xi Eta Lota, Chapter of the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority of Harrison as the First Lady of Harrison Community Service award for 2018. The City of Harrison recognized Jean’s support of not lonely Veterans and their families but her Community by bestowing the honor of being the Grand Marshall of the City of Harrison July 4, 2018 parade.
Jean was elected to serve 2018-2019 as the Department of Ohio 2nd Vice Commander on Sunday July 1, 2018.
Brad Teis | 2nd Vice Commander
Brad Teis is a member of Canton Post 44, where he has served in every Post Position including Post Commander 2015-2019. Brad is also a Post 44, SAL Squadron member. He is on the Canton Post 44 Honor Guard.
In 2017, he was elected to10th District 2nd Vice Commander and in 2018, to 1st Vice Commander, and was instrumental in helping the 10th District achieve Quota and win the National Race-To-The-Top Award in 2017 and 2018. He then served as 10th District Commander 2018-2019 and was National Runner-up in the 2019 Race-To-The-Top Award. Brad received the Department Commanders Award and The Department Adjutants Award for 2018. He is a post awarded PUFL member.
Brad earned his eligibility by serving during The Vietnam Era in both the Navy and Army. He also served in The Ohio National Guard at the Akron–Canton Airport. He is the 10th District Committee Chairperson for Special Olympics, is a National Appointee to The Americanism Commission, and a Commissioner to Ohio Buckeye Boy’s State.
He is a member of The Greater Canton Veterans Council and has served on the Board of the Homes for Heroes. Is a Co-Founder of The Aultman-Woodlawn Compassionate Care Center Honor Team serving our Hospice Veterans and their families in their time of need. He is serving as the 2019-2020 Vice President of the 10th District Past Commanders Association and serves on the 10th District Task Force and Advisory Committee.
He is very active in his community where he visits veterans in area Hospitals, Nursing Homes and Hospice Centers.
He retired from The Hoover Company in 2006, after 33 years.
He has been married to his best friend and wife Roxanne for 30 years and they have four children, Bradley Jr, Michael, Brittany, Ryan and four grandchildren.