Temporary Financial Assistance Grants
The American Legion Department of Ohio is honored to assist its’ veterans, active-duty service members, and service members of the Ohio National Guard and Ohio Air National Guard in their time of need. The American Legion Department of Ohio currently offers two temporary financial assistance grants for veterans’ consideration.
The American Legion Temporary Financial Assistance Grant
Is a single onetime nonrepayable grant of up to $1,500.00 for current active-duty servicemembers or a current American Legion member with minor children. Active duty (or a Reservist on active-duty orders) can be considered without being a member of The American Legion. This grant is designated to help families in need to meet the cost of shelter, food, and utilities, thereby keeping the child or children in a more stable environment.
The American Legion Department of Ohio Family Support Network Grant
Is a nonrepayable grant of up to $500.00 for current American Legion members, active-duty service members, service members of the Ohio National Guard and the Ohio Air National Guard, who reside in the state of Ohio. This grant is designated to help veterans in need to meet the cost of shelter, food, and utilities.
General Eligibility Guidelines
- Applicant must possess an up-to-date membership in The American Legion OR
- Active-duty servicemember or serving on active-duty orders
- Ohio National Guard or Ohio Air National Guard (FSN Grant Only)
- The application must be completed in its’ entirety and include the necessary documents including current statements, bills, leases, foreclosures, eviction notices to be considered
- Include a written narrative of your ask and your action plan that indicated your need is temporary in nature.
- All forms of possible assistance must be applied for, documented, and exhausted at the local level.
- Remember to apply for TFA at your local County Veterans Service Commission
If you have any questions are would like to submit your application, please contact Jermaine Ferguson at Department HQ.
Jermaine Ferguson, Program Coordinator
Phone: 740-825-0765 | Email: Ferguson@ohiolegion.com